Building & Demo Applications
Building Permit Instructions.
Carroll County Chapter 360 "Building Regulations.
Building Fees are as follows:
(1) $10.00 for swimming pools, decks, patios, portable buildings and new construction less than 200 sq. ft.
(2) $20.00 for additions and new construction with a square footage between 200 sq. ft. and 400 sq. ft., as well as personal offset roof mounted solar arrays.
(3) $50.00 for additions and new construction with a square footage between 401 sq. ft. and 1000 sq. ft. personal ground mounted solar arrays, personal wind towers, agricultural grain storage bins (any size).
(4) $100 for additions and new construction between 1001 sq. ft. and 2500 sq. ft.
(5) $150.00 for additions and new construction between 2501 sq. ft. and 4000 sq. ft.
(6) $200.00 for additions and new construction greater than 4001 sq. ft.
(7) Communications and other towers and related facilities:
(a) $25.00 per foot of tower height for a new tower or related structure.
(b) $1,200.00 for co-location or replacement of equipment on an existing commercial tower.
(8) $75.00 Land Evaluation Site Assessment (LESA) Report.
(9) $400 for an application before the Zoning Board of Appeals.
At this time, payments must be submitted in person or by regular mail (Check or Cash). An online payment option will be available soon that can accept cards or e-checks.
DEMO NOTICE APPLICATIONS are also available to the citizens of Carroll County. A demo permit can be submitted when a building is being removed/demolished. There is no charge to file a demolition notice. There are no county ordinance requirements that regulate demolition. Citizens are not legally required to pull a demo permit in Carroll County. It is offered as a helpful service that benefits citizens by making sure your assessment records are kept as accurate as possible.
County Construction Regulations are enacted through Building Regulations Chapter 360, Zoning Chapter 700, Flood Plain Regulations Chapter 720 and Subdivisions Chapter 730.